Packing for the perfect road trip
With summer around the corner, it is time to start planning for that epic road trip. With wide open expanses of open highway, a total sense of freedom, awesome tunes, an epic adventure at your fingertips… the road trip is an iconic travel experience that carry a lifetime of memories!
Here are some tips for packing for a summer road trip to enhance your experience and reduce your stress:
- First figure out the number of days you have and the region you want to explore. Always plan for 25-50% more time for those cool side excursions you find along the way. Part of a road trip is finding you own experience.
- Decide who is invited and everyone has space. Remember to create space for your furry friend too.
- Next, make a list of all the things you'll need for your trip, such as clothing, toiletries, and any gear or equipment you'll need.
- Pack light, but don't forget the essentials. Bring a few versatile outfits that can be mixed and matched, and don't forget to pack comfortable shoes.
- Bring a cooler with snacks and drinks to save money and avoid unhealthy fast food on the road.
- We recommend a small soft cooler for in the car to save space and have tasty treats at hand.
- And, a larger hard cooler for the back of the car, such as a YETI, RTIC, Goatbox, or Pelican, the Sloggn Base Deck and Cooler Kit is a great choice to clear ups space and have easy access. (sorry for the shameless self promotion)
- Bring a first-aid kit and any necessary medications.
- Don't forget entertainment for the car, such as books, an epic roadtrip play list, movies and games.
- Pack an extra cable or two for electronics
- Pack a swimsuit and towel, as well as sunscreen and insect repellent.
- If you're camping or staying in hotels, bring appropriate gear such as a tent, sleeping bag, or toiletries.
- Finally, make sure to leave some extra space in your luggage for any souvenirs or items you might pick up along the way.