How to store skis + snowboards during the summer
As winter is starting to wind down (sort of, it seem like March is the month for snow) we have put together some useful tips on how to store skis in summer:
- Clean the skis: Before storing your skis, it is essential to clean them properly. Remove all dirt, snow, and debris from the ski base and edges.
- Dry the skis: Make sure the skis are completely dry before storing them. Any moisture can cause rust and damage to the ski base.
- Wax the skis/board: Apply a layer of wax to the ski base to protect it from moisture and corrosion. Remember to scrape off the wax before using the skis again.
- Store in a cool and dry place: Store the skis in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight or any other heat source.
- Use ski bags: If you have a ski bag, store the skis in the bag to protect them from dust and moisture. (Obviously we would recommend the Sloggn Ski-Slips™ but any ski bag would do)
- Store them upright: Store the skis/board upright, with the tails resting on the floor, to prevent any bending or warping.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your skis are well-preserved and ready to go when the ski season comes around again.